Tuesday, March 25, 2008

3 miles with no pauses

Most of my runs up until now have worked like this: run a mile, walk for 1 minute. Repeat until the mileage has been achieved. It was such a nice reward after each mile to get that one minute of relief, get my breath back, and then attack again, renewed. But for my run on Saturday (3 miles, done outside in the afternoon) and my run today (3 miles, on the treadmill this evening) I did the full distance with no pauses, no walking. Woo hoo! It wasn't even that difficult. I found my breath to be in control for almost the entire run, I really only had to pay attention to it that last mile. It give me confidence going into Saturday's 5-mile run that I'll be able to handle it, no problem. I only hope that the forecasted snow (!!!!!) does not occur, so that I can do it outside. That long on the treadmill is just too boring, no matter what I'm listening to.

Off to hit the shower...

No comments: