Thursday, March 6, 2008

the good, the bad, and the ugly

the good - the library budget passed! Yay! That certainly makes my life much easier for the coming year. I'd hate to think how many bake sales it would have taken to keep the doors open...

the bad - I'm sick, so no running today. I'm very bummed, not only because I really don't like being sick, but also because I was really feeling in the groove. Today was supposed to be a 2 mile day at a higher intensity, and i was looking forward to feeling like 2 miles was a short run after my last two 3-mile runs. Hopefully I'll be back in business for Saturday's run. Also for my cross-training on Friday night - my sis-in-law is having a disco night for her birthday, so I've got to get my strength up so that I can boogie the night away!

the ugly - one of my dearest friends was admitted to the hospital yesterday after she had a seizure. The CAT scan has found something on her brain, and she's still in the hospital having tests done today. We should know more tomorrow. I'm wishing I had more energy today so that I could distract myself a little more - lying around on the couch staring at the ceiling just gives me a lot of time to worry about her.

More soon...

3 comments:

Normal Mom said...

You aren't the only one staring at the ceiling...I was on my bed this afternoon after my friend told me that the baby she is carrying most likely has Trisomy 18, which is fatal. So...here's to staring at the ceiling on behalf of our friends! You make your next run an extra hard and long one for your friend, and I'll make my next walk a good one for mine.

Ananda said...

Hi!

This is kind of random... I saw your post on some other blog about the life cycle analysis of t-shirts... I was just wondering, would you happen to have some good resources/where did you learn that information? I'm a college student doing research on alternative environmentally-friendly fabrics, specifically for use to make t-shirts, so I'm always on the lookout for more information on the subject.

Take care,

Ananda

marian said...

Hi Ananda!

This is the first article I read about the energy involved in cotton versus other materials:
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/25/fashion/25pollute.html

Other resources:
http://www.ehponline.org/members/2007/115-9/focus.html
http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080217/FEATURES04/802170329/1035/FEATURES04
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/13/fashion/13green.html

Good luck! A little googling goes a long way...