Thursday, April 3, 2008

Checking in, catching up...

Hello blogging world, sorry to have neglected you. Here's the training update:

Thursday, 3/27 - 3 miles, inside at the high school gym. They have an elevated walkway around the top of the gym, which community members can use during the day. You get the added bonus of watching gym class while you run. :-) I actually had a pretty crummy run. I couldn't seem to get my rhythm going, and it was really warm in there, so I don't think I'll be heading back there again. I suppose I was moving, so that was a plus, but in reality it wasn't much better than the treadmill.

Saturday, 3/29 - 5 miles! On the treadmill. I should have taken a lot of joy in completing this run - my first 5 miles, ever. But I think Thursday's run had me down, so while my 5 was a pretty good run, I just couldn't seem to muster enthusiasm or excitement over the achievement. Not like when I first ran 3 miles (ha! Seems so long ago!) when I ran around proclaiming it to the world with great joy. So I ran 2.5 miles, walked for a minute, and then ran the remaining distance. I think I needed the break mentally more than physically.

Tuesday, 4/1 - skipped :-S I really wasn't into it, and stayed up too late the night before, and hubby stayed up WAY LATE working on a business proposal, and I didn't want him to have to deal with AM kid stuff, and.... well, I basically made up a bunch of excuses and skipped. By Wednesday morning I was regretting it though. I may not love the running, but I like the feeling of using my body. Makes it feel like less of a useless lump.

Today! - 2 miles on treadmill. It was a shorter run today to prepare for Saturday's 7 miles (GULP!) which I'm desperate to do outside (although the report is currently calling for rain... better than snow I guess!). Anyway, I picked up the intensity today, and it was a pretty quick 2 miles. Glad to be back in the saddle again. It was good to miss a day and regret it, helps me to chase away the thoughts of skipping next time!

Stay tuned for the 7 mile adventure...

3 comments:

Normal Mom said...

The fact that you keep going amazes me. I have never maintained any exercise if I didn't have a buddy.
You are doing great! Good luck on Saturday!

Beth said...

It's getting so close. Sounds like you're doing great.

Chris said...

Yeah, not so sure about the 7 miles tomorrow....I really really really wanted to run outside. What a bummer!