Tuesday, March 11, 2008

3 miles - awesome run

I'm back! After a week of no running (and no cross training unless you count my boogie time on Friday night) I hit the treadmill this morning with a bit of trepidation. This whole daylight savings time switch has been really hard for me. I can't seem to get to bed before midnight, 12:30, and then 6:30 comes really really quickly. It just hurts to not only get up at that time, but to go EXERT.

But, mile 1 of today's run was one of the best I've ever had. I found myself thinking "how was one mile ever a challenge?" - that's how quickly and easily it flew by. Mile 2 was a definitely not as comfortable, but still not awful. Mile 3... well, about halfway through that my legs decided they were too tired and they'd rather stop, but I ignored that and powered through. So clearly endurance is needing some work! But it was great to feel so good for the first mile / two miles, especially since I've got a four mile run coming up on Saturday!

My friend who was in the hospital (Kristy) is back home, thank goodness. She is feeling better but has some life changes to adjust to - if you want to read about what's going on, you can go here. I'm just glad that it isn't something life-threatening - you hear spot on the brain, and your mind just runs wild with it.

No comments: