Tuesday, March 18, 2008

OUTSIDE!!! - 3 miles

I ran outside today! I'm so excited, it felt so good to be moving and breathing fresh air. And the best part? Average of 12 minute miles! I'm so relieved.

Of course, it's an 80% chance of snow tonight, with freezing rain as well, so who knows if I'll be outside again on Thursday, but at least I got a little taste of it. So much better than treadmill, I've got to say. Now I'm just looking forward to the end of snow and the end of mud season (which will follow the snow) so that I can get back on the trails. I don't like running on the road where there are so many people to see me!

2 comments:

Normal Mom said...

with all this running you are doing, you probably look great! don't worry about anyone watching. Keep it up!

marian said...

you'd think that, right? But frustratingly enough the weight just keeps sitting there. I've detected a looseness in the belt this week, and I'm trying to be optimistic. I'm running close to 10 miles a week, you'd think those extra 10 lbs. would have gone away by now! Maybe it's the 4 pieces of pizza I had for dinner the other night... ;-)