Friday, March 21, 2008

2 miles - the Chi is with me...

Yesterday was just 2 miles, and I was back on the treadmill. Hopefully tomorrow's run (which is only 3 miles actually - gearing up for the big 5 miles next Saturday!) will be done outside.

I spent most of yesterday's run concentrating on my posture and form. I'm reading a book that a friend recommended called Chi Running, which I thought I would hate based on the title, but have actually found quite interesting. The short overview is that you should try to use your core muscles as much as possible rather than running just with your legs. Difficult to describe, interesting to attempt! ;-) I felt a difference in yesterday's run, so I'm continuing to read it and figure out exactly what it is I'm supposed to be doing!

1 comment:

Beth said...

I totally had this dream last night about running in a marathon and I kept saying "gotta make 4 miles, gotta make 4 miles". I think it's all because of this blog.

Sounds like you're doing great.