Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Wk. 1 - 2 miles - we've hit the big time!

This is the first week of official training! Yay! (I think?!)

So far, so good. I made it to the gym on Saturday, my last workout before training commenced this week. And, not only did I run my two miles, but I started out with some weight training. Finally, right?!?! There's a great room at the back of the gym, a "quiet room" so to speak, that they recently moved some treadmills into. I've been doing my runs there and I'm usually the only person in there, and they also have a number of weight machines in there. It's a whole lot less intimidating than the weight room, which I have yet to tackle!

Last night I did my first official cross-training day, pilates as usual. I think I'm getting better actually. At least a couple of the moves were not quite as ridiculous as in past weeks. Now I just have to move my arms and legs in the proper position while contracting my (less-than-stellar) abdominals and breathing properly all the while. No problem, right?

And then, today, 2 miles down. On to two miles on Thursday...

No comments: