Thursday, February 7, 2008

the latest excuse

we got a lot of snow overnight, so driving wasn't so great first thing this morning. Okay, so I COULD have gone. But I didn't.

My ticker is freaking me out, it is under the 4 month mark now. Saturday I get serious. No, really. I will.

My new thing is that I'm listening to Harry Potter 7 while I walk/run. I love the book (I've read it 3 times) and Jim Dale does an excellent job of reading it. It is such a gripping story that it gives me incentive to head back to the gym so that I can listen to the next chapter. I'm NOT ALLOWED to listen anywhere but on the treadmill.

I'm ordering some new sneakers later today. I don't have a ton of miles on my Ryka Momentums (seen in the header at top of page) but, they are a good shoe for pronators, and I'm a supinator. No idea what I'm talking about? Here's a good explanation. Basically, it means I have really high arches and I tend to roll on to the outside of my foot. So I need a shoe that has different qualities than the one I have, which may explain some of my knee pain - I'm hoping. I found a listing of recommended shoes for the supinated, and I'm making my decision later today. Thank goodness for Zappos - free shipping and free returns means that those of us in the middle of nowhere can get shoes fast and not have to worry about shipping incorrect sizes back and forth.

3 comments:

Chelle said...

I'm interested to see what shoes you go with, are you looking at asics or brooks?

Good idea to listen to a book on tape, how is it when you're running? As good as music?

marian said...

I ordered the Brooks Glycerin. Should be here today I hope, I've got high hopes for them.

I think I prefer listening to a book than to music, it definitely makes the time fly by faster (if it's a good book). I've only done it a couple of times, but I like it a lot. You should try it out, see what you think. Are you going to go back to training, or are you done with?

Chelle said...

Sorry, I didn't check this earlier, you probably asked this before we talked the other day. I think I should be able to.