Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

I went for a great run this morning. 2 miles. I followed the instruction of my training book and concentrated on completing the distance rather than worrying about my speed, and I took it pretty easy. It felt good though, and I'm looking forward to running on Saturday morning. YAY! It's great to feel that feeling.

And, I'm still only at the wedding in the Harry Potter book (the beginning for those of you who are not fans) so I have plenty of HP runs in my future. Ahhhh...

Max and I celebrated Valentine's day with my sis-in-laws (read: training partners) and nieces and nephews and assorted friends (14 of us in total) on a sledding adventure. A great day. The snow had a pretty thick crust on the top, so hiking up the hill was a workout in itself (cross training?) but the kids lasted for a long time, and we spent the rest of the day eating bad foods and hanging out. A great way to spend a day! Here's my favorite shot of us from the day:



Hope you had a great one!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Sledding for Valentine's day...sounds like a treat!
Cute picture. Hiking up that hill? Cross training fo sho. Skip the run on Sat! (I would not be a good friend to train with)

Normal Mom said...

Yeah! Glad you are back in the swing of things. Hearing about your sledding reminded me that every little thing I do to keep moving is useful. Parking at the end of the parking lot instead of next to the door...carrying 7 loads of laundry downstairs to the washer. Chasing Miranda around the chapel in 2 inch heels...it's all good! Here's to hoping you stay healthy!