Wednesday, February 13, 2008

now this is ridiculous

I did make it to the gym on Saturday, in my new shoes. Maybe at some point I'll update the blog header and theme to match! Anyway, after one outing, I'm happy with them. Very well cushioned, very light, roomy, comfortable. Hopefully I feel the same after 5 or 10 outings! And Zappos is AWESOME. Ordered the shoes at about noon on Thursday, had them just after lunch on Friday, free shipping.

So, I had a decent run on Saturday, but I definitely felt the effects of being away from the treadmill for so long. I was happy to be back in the swing of things, hitting pilates class on Monday night. I'm not very good at pilates, I think I've mentioned this before. I have a difficult time isolating my abdominal muscles, especially in any face down positions. Mostly, it's because my abdominals are so weak, so hopefully as I strengthen them and get more accustomed to the moves, it should get "easier"! :-)

Laid out all my clothes for a Tuesday morning run, feeling motivated. Then woke up Tuesday morning with my throat hurting and achy-stuffy-yuckiness. You've got to be kidding me! Called in some reinforcements for child care (thanks M!) and slept for the morning. Today I'm almost back to health (thank goodness) but a little annoyed that I don't think I've got a full week of training in yet. Sigh.... Well, the real thing starts this Monday, so I'd best be getting my act together!

Working on some meal planning, more on that soon...

1 comment:

Chelle said...

Glad those shoes are feeling good for you. Sorry you're feeling so rotten, I think you've paid your sick dues for the rest of training, hopefully you'll be clear from here on out.