Thursday, February 21, 2008

2 miles - I'm not sure if I can do this...

So here's the thing. I try so hard to keep the negative thoughts away while I'm on the treadmill. I know they don't do me any good. But today I just wanted to lie down and rest after 1.5 miles, and that little voice in the back of my head is saying "oh yeah, and a week from Saturday you'll be running 3 miles - you'd only be halfway at this point!" and I just want to give up altogether. How on earth am I going to run 13 miles? Well, I guess the truthful answer is that I'm not, I'm probably going to walk a good chunk of it, but I really want to run stages of it. Sigh. I'll do what I can do I guess. I just keep repeating what M said to me at one point - "I know that I'm going to feel better once I stop, so why not just run a little longer first?"

On a higher note, I can at least feel satisfied that I made it to the gym today. My hubby is on a business trip, which means no running to the gym first thing in the AM before he goes to work. My wonderful sis-in-law and training buddy K took Max for two hours while I did the deed, and I'll pay her back sometime in the next week. It would have been really easy to not go, but i didn't think twice about it, so I'm proud of that. I've also scheduled coverage for my Saturday and Tuesday workouts, so those are set. I'll probably try to squeeze in some yoga at home during the day on Monday for my cross-training, and I won't have skipped a beat. So yay for me on that one!

4 comments:

Chris said...

You go girl! It is ridiculously cold and windy out here in the prairie but Joy and I went for a vigorous walk in the mall...in the mornings they open it early and it is full of walkers. So I am trying to keep up with it a bit. I hope that it warms up in March and we are able to start running outside it is so much nicer to have some scenery. Keep it up!

Beth said...

That's what I was wondering..... if it would be easier to run if you were able to do it outside where at least the scenery changes (even if the workout is pretty much the same). I always get bored running in one place (like on the treadmill). You're doing so great. You're TOTALLY gonna do this!!!

Chelle said...

It really does say something that you've scheduled your workouts and babysitting. That would be such an easy excuse but you've done it!

marian said...

thanks for the encouragement ladies!

Beth, you're probably right, if I can just get through the next month or so of inside running, I'll be back outside and actually GETTING SOMEWHERE when I run! That should help.