Tuesday, February 26, 2008

2 miles and mid-day running is not my favorite

I skipped cross-training yesterday. Combination of hubby being away and a 3-hour library board meeting in the evening just made it too complicated. But, as I was preparing dinner, I got a little "time to go to the gym" urge. Saturday AM run to Monday evening cross-train is my longest stretch without a gym visit, and my body and mind were definitely feeling a little lost without the regular injection of pain and sweat. Seems I've formed myself a little habit here! Now if I could only drop the one that involves eating handfuls of chocolate chips while standing in front of the pantry...

Anyway, Grammie took Max to lunch today while I hit the gym for my 2 miles. As much as I DO NOT LIKE getting up early, I've realized that running mid-day is just not good for me. I get home, shower, and then suddenly my whole body is screaming that it is nap time. This would be fine if I could fit in a nap, but I can't. With the early AM running, my body is still in ramp-up mode, so I can deal. But if I run mid-day, as soon as 3pm hits it's all I can do to prop open my eyelids.

Thanks all for your rave reviews on the hair. :-)

1 comment:

Normal Mom said...

I don't have much success with mid-day exercise either. It's either first thing in the morning or maybe just after the kids go to bed--knowing that I'll be up until 10 or so. BUT, at least you went. It's good you didn't just bail.
Keep up the good work!