Thursday, January 3, 2008

the new year

I have to say, it is intimidating to see that little tracker on the side of my blog drop below the 5 month mark - right now it says 4 months, 4 weeks, one day. Time is a tickin'.

Saw a whole bunch of new faces at the gym this morning. Since it's only about my fifth time there, don't know if these are usuals that I just haven't seen yet, or if they were New Year's Resolutioners joining the fight. Whoever they were, I welcome them and applaud them for getting out of bed this morning when it was -10 degrees. YIKES. Cold.

Anyway, ran 25 minutes. I tried to concentrate on breathing regularly and keeping my heart rate down, and I did keep it lower than on Monday's workout. I'm really just experimenting right now, seeing how my body responds to the different things I'm forcing it to do. Basically, I've made myself a giant science experiment, complete with monitoring straps and electronic measurements and everything. Kind of interesting, except for all that exerting, sweating, and working out. Sigh.

1 comment:

Kage said...

When I used to frequent the gym (now I workout in my own building)....I noticed an influx of peops in Jan.....oh marketing...