Tuesday, January 8, 2008

lazy legs

I actually survived the pilates class without making a fool of myself, though I have to say I am NOT good at pilates. I think you have to HAVE abdominal muscles in order to tighten them. Although, whatever muscles I do have, I'm certainly more aware of them today. That class takes a lot of coordination, and although I like to think of myself as a reasonably coordinated person, it is revealed to me in moments like pilates class that I am in fact not. Nothing like contorting your body into strange, sweaty shapes in front of a mirror while wearing tight clothing to make you feel really really good about yourself.

I absolutely must go to bed earlier. I was having a hard time staying awake after my run this morning, which to me means that the 3-times-interrupted 6 hours of sleep I got just didn't cut it! Anyway, the run itself was great. It was supposed to be an easy run, so I took it slow and focused on keeping my heart rate down by breathing evenly and relaxing. It went by much faster than some of my past runs. But boy are my legs feeling it today, and I'm TIRED. That should help me to get to bed on time!

4 comments:

Sara said...

3 times interrupted sleep? Yikes!

marian said...

yeah, it is rare but it does happen. Every couple of months, Max decides to test what happens if he gets up in the middle of the night. That just happened to be one of those nights.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, my feelings are about the same with pilates. We actually have a weekly class for enrichment at the church....a woman in our ward is an instructor. After our first class my stomach was fine but my thighs were sore...I asked her and she said I was using my legs when I should have been using my abs....oops!

Who knew a blog about exercise could be so interesting? I think you are doing great! By the way, I registered for a triathlon held in my town on June 1. Seriously, nothing like a deadline of potential embarrassment to get me hitting the pool and the road. And I got to pay a $100 registration fee to create this anxiety for myself!

marian said...

Thanks for the comment jen. Good luck training for your triathlon, sounds like we'll be suffering / achieving on the same day!