Saturday, January 19, 2008

i [heart] new clothes

... in whatever arena they happen to fall. I had a great run today, really hit my stride for the first time since before I was sick. I can't say it felt GOOD to be running, but the time passed quickly and it didn't feel BAD. I credit the new Nike pants and shirt I was wearing. I just felt great in them, and I really do think it made a difference. So thanks M! I've felt so yucky and lumpy in the stuff I had, but I especially love the new pants that M picked up for me - the Nike Perfect Fit Pant. They are soft and stretch in the right places, but the waistband is very wide and doesn't cut in to any... soft belly spots... not that I have those... and they are pretty thick and substancial, but not heavy at all. If I could wear these all day every day, I would. My one issue is that they are a teeeeeeeny bit too long, but that's just the story of my life at 5'2".

Now, I just need some new sports bras. I have one that I like and two that I don't, and as I'm not on top of my laundry enough to wash that one every other day, I end up having to wear the two that I don't. They are just useless, and when you're a D cup, useless just doesn't cut it! So that's my next shopping adventure...

5 comments:

Normal Mom said...

It's good to feel good in your own pants. I haven't had a decent pair of pants since 1997.

I'm proud of you, keep up the good work! And now you can look cute doing just that!

Beth said...

You'll have to buy a cute "half marathon" outfit I guess. Maybe that will help on the day of.

Chelle said...

I was waiting for that celebrity mention, thanks! I'm so glad everything worked out so well. There is something to be said about new songs and new clothes for us hardcore runners. It's just part of the running gig we're down with. It doesn't matter that some people walk faster then I run, I'm still legit, right?

Anonymous said...

I love those pants! Very cute!!! I like Nike sports bras a lot too...I've tried a few brands and Nike is my fav. Of course, I admit I'm very biased coming from the land of all things Nike! Congrats on your workout...you are doing great!

marian said...

yes, chelle's "homeland" is also the place of all things Nike. I was hoping for some sports bras as well, but they didn't have any good prices on them at the employee store, and I've got to do some serious auditioning if I'm going to spend $40-$70 for a bra! But I need one. So I'll start trying on soon. Blargh, I hate trying on bras.