Friday, January 18, 2008

new gear!

My training buddy M went home to visit family for Christmas, and took advantage of a family connection to stop into the Nike employee store and shop for all of us with a discount. Yay! So I got two new pairs of pants, two shirts, a tank, and some socks. I'm very excited to go try them all on, but at the moment (well, when I'm not writing this post...) I'm trying to get some work done so that I can afford these new clothes and the gym membership to go with them!

So far so good this week as far as staying on track with the training. Ran for 27 minutes yesterday, was doing 25 before. Concentrating on keeping my heart rate in a moderate zone, and not worrying about pace right now. Figure that as time passes, if I keep my heart rate the same, pace will increase when my body is ready for it! So another run tomorrow morning, and then back to pilates on Monday.

Started reading the weight training chapter again, and I'm coming to realize that I just find weight training BORING. My plan at the moment is to use the hand weights I have at the house and do the at-home exercises. I haven't decided when in the day i'm going to do it, but setting a standard time is going to be important in terms of actually getting it done! Maybe in time I'll build them into my gym routine, but as for now I just don't think I'm going to pull that off. The cheap gym I joined doesn't have babysitting, so I have limited gym time available to me.

2 comments:

Kage said...

Have you gotten those fancy running shoes where you go to a pro store and get measured and stuff and get advice from real runners? Have you checked out those running shoes that have inclined heels to supposedly tone different leg muscles and burn more calories? Just curious....

marian said...

i actually haven't gotten fancy new running shoes. The shoes I have at the moment are the ones pictured at the top of my blog - the Ryka Momentum. I've put about 70 miles on them thus far, and they are treating me well. But probably sometime in early spring, I'll go do the whole running store evaluation thing - before I start on some of my longer runs.

I think the inclined heel shoes are kind of an interesting concept, but no, I haven't checked them out.