Friday, December 14, 2007

Friday... ahhhhh....

Well, I'm not in tremendous pain, so that's good news. However my cold seems to be operating on an alternating days schedule, because while I was fine yesterday, I feel pretty nasty today.

Last night, I typed up the 15 week training schedule for my sister-in-law and training partner, M. And it was horrid. Typing out "5 mile run", "7 mile run", or even "12 mile run" just about killed me. How on earth am I ever going to do this? While M and I were stretching after our run yesterday at the gym, we admitted that we both had little mini anxiety attacks while on the treadmill doing our 1.5 miles. It was like two sides of my brain were having a battle:
"How on earth am I going to run 13 miles? This is not good, not good at all, what did I think I was doing, signing up for this?"
"Stop it! That is not the attitude to go into this with, you're never going to get it done if you keep thinking you can't do it. You're only on day 1 of a 5 month plan, there's plenty of time to get there."
"Yuck. Yuck yuck yuck. It's going to hurt and be hard and I don't want to do it."
"Stop it. Just be quiet and run."

I expect this battle to rage on for quite a while, but I'm hoping once I get back to my 2 mile level and start hitting some new goals, I can kick that other voice out of my head. Because I'm not sure I can just tell it to be quiet and run for 13 miles!

3 comments:

Normal Mom said...

I'm really proud of you! Keep up the good work! And I'm going to have to get you one of those things you put around your arm to hold your ipod so it doesn't run free anymore! :)

marian said...

yeah,as I was paying for my membership, my new friend the gym attendant said "maybe you might want to get one of those armbands." Uh, yeah, maybe not such a bad idea!

Sara said...

You are my hero. My crazy crazy hero. My "I can't really believe that she's doing this" hero.

Keep runnin'...