Thursday, December 27, 2007

back to training... yay?

I REALLY didn't want to get out of bed this morning and go to the gym. I don't remember feeling this way about running before. I think two weeks off RIGHT as I decided to do this have been really hard on my resolve, but unfortunately it wasn't my choice. Luckily enough, many many people know about this half marathon, so that's enough social pressure to drag my butt out of bed when my personal resolve can't.

Anyway, 25 minutes of running. It wasn't fun, but I did it. I'm looking forward to going back, I know it will get better. That's what I had to keep telling myself. It wasn't my most mentally positive workout, let's just say that.

Tomorrow I'm going to ride the bike, do a little cross-training. I'm wrestling with my video ipod right now, trying to restore it so that I can load a show to watch while I cycle. I'm going to try Gossip Girl - seems just fluffy enough to fit the bill, plus I love Josh Schwartz. I'll report back! If that doesn't do it for me, I think I'll start re-watching Gilmore Girls.

No comments: