Saturday, April 5, 2008

We are the champions, my friends...

... which is what I was singing when I re-entered my house after my triumphant 7 mile run! That's right, I did it. I DID IT! 7 miles, and..... drumroll please.... NO WALKING! I ran the whole dang thing!

We ran outside - no snow, no rain. It was damp out from all the rain yesterday, but otherwise, excellent running conditions. I did great until about mile 5.5, when I hit a bit of a wall, but now I just know for next time that I'll need to give myself a little "snack" right around that point (oooh, weird exercise gel packs, can't wait!)

Not much more to report about it, other than I did it. But I think that's enough, right? !

6 comments:

Sara said...

I am so so so proud of you :)

Normal Mom said...

Did you ever think you'd be able to accomplish this?
You run that half marathon, babe and I'll get myself to a Broadway show and back to the hotel all by myself!

Anonymous said...

Awesome job! You rock!

Chris said...

Yeah, that was a pretty good feeling after we finished...

Lucy said...

MARION?? I had no idea, i thought it was just McKay....I have so much to learn

marian said...

there's always so much to learn... it's actually my nom de plume (as well as my middle name)