Wednesday, June 25, 2008

june

...was a slow month for the running. After my huge debut as a half-marathoner, I believe I've gone out for a run 3 times? Nothing stellar. But I REALLY don't want to lose all that training I worked so hard for. I'm not a fan of the long run (I'd say beyond 6 or 7 miles it's just no fun) so I will keep it short and sweet for now, and ramp back up when I have a distance to train for. And I've started back up again - 3 miles yesterday, and I planned on going out again today until I woke up with a nasty headache. So I'll be out tomorrow. I'd like to shoot for 3 runs a week, keeping it at about 3 miles.

I also signed up for another half marathon, but this one I'm doing as part of a relay team with my dad and sis-in-law. Should be fun, and will keep me running over the summer. I'll probably start looking for a 10K to do sometime this fall as well.

And as far as kage / delilas 10K crunch challenge goes, I've been doing my 100 crunches 4 or 5 out of every 7 days. Nothing to brag about, but that's 4 or 5 days more than I was doing crunches before!

I'm looking forward to my annual physical next week. Last year, my doctor encouraged me to make exercise a regular habit (beyond my usual training routine of chasing children) and I haven't seen her since. I can't wait to see her face when I tell her that I didn't just add 20 minutes a day, I ran freakin' 13 miles. And now I've just got to keep it up.

2 comments:

delilas said...

It was great to read that you are still doing the crunch challenge. I get excited when I know that other people are doing them with me. I'm a few days behind myself but I think something is better than nothing.

I have been through Woodstock VT(quint little town) on our way to NH, best vacation.

marian said...

I know exactly what you mean delilas - as I'm lying there on the floor of my bedroom, doing my crunches, I always think of you and kage doing them as well. And if I DON'T do them, I think of you doing them and feel guilty for falling behind!

I went to high school in Woodstock, VT actually, so I'm very familiar with it! And yes, it is quite quaint. We live not far from there, as you could probably tell since our 1/2 marathon went through there and we ran our training runs on the course.